Updated February 2, 2022
- BizTalk. We use BizTalk as an integration to handle our secure forms. For information on BizTalk's privacy practices, please see the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
- COVID-19 Chatbot. We use our COVID-19 Chatbot to help users check their COVID-19 symptoms. Information on user interaction with bot is stored in Google Analytics as de-identified data. Please see Google's Privacy and Terms for more information on how Google Analytics processes Personal Information.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC, on our Site to help us analyze the traffic and user activity on our Site. Please see Google's Privacy and Terms for more information on how Google Analytics processes Personal Information.
- Google Maps API. We use Google Maps API to provide information on locations and directions to HCA Healthcare facilities. For information on Google Map's privacy practices, see the Google Maps APIs Terms of Service.
- Google Optimize. We use Google Optimize to test variants of web pages and see how they perform against a specified objective. For information on Google's privacy practices, see the Google Privacy and Terms of Service.
- Google Search Console. We use Google Search Console for SEO site health analysis and Google crawl simulation and testing. For information on Google's privacy practices, see the Google Privacy and Terms of Service.
- Salesforce.com, Inc. We use services from Salesforce to manage our email activity and track user engagement. For information on Salesforce's privacy practices, see Salesforce Privacy Statements.
Information collected through the portal
As a Service to its customers, we may also provide Portals to offer some customers secure, private access to their own records at our facilities, as well as certain internet-based services which may include, among other things, assistance in finding a doctor, assistance in scheduling appointments, the ability to register for classes and pre-register for procedures, the ability to make payment for medical services rendered, and access to health and patient education materials and secure messaging ("Portal").
The Portal can provide you with access to some of your medical records. When you seek access to those records on the Portal, we need to confirm your identity, so we ask you for information such as your name and email or physical address and other information such as your date of birth (which we may also use to make sure you are eligible to use the Portal in accordance with the Terms) and the answers to "secret questions" to which only you know the answers. This information may be used to help administer your user account and in managing your account. We may need to ask you for the information again when you sign in from a new device.
We may ask for information about your location and medical needs to assist with finding a physician, and may collect and pass on information (which may include, where relevant, health information such as your patient history) to assist you in scheduling appointments, pre-registering for procedures, and registering for classes.
The purposes for which we use personal information
If you submit or we collect Personal Information through our Services, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways: (i) to provide, analyze, administer, and improve our Services; (ii) to contact you in connection with our Services and appointments, events or offerings that you may have registered for; (iii) to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of our Portal or other password-protected Services that you are authorized to access; (iv) to send you surveys; (v) for recruiting and human resources administration purposes; (vi) to protect our rights or our property and to ensure the technical functionality and security of our Services; and (vii) as required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
Contact us if you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your information.
- where we need it to perform our contract with you (i.e., our Terms);
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests such as securing and improving our Services, for example (provided that these aren't overridden by your interests or rights);
- where the processing is for the provision of healthcare or the management of healthcare services (e.g., health information collected from you or made accessible to you through the Portal in accordance with legal requirements governing the confidentiality of such information); or
- if we otherwise have your consent.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your information, please contact our appointed EU representative, the DPO Centre.
How we disclose personal information
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose the Personal Information collected from our Site to third parties unless otherwise stated below or with your consent.
- In the Event of Merger, Sale, Divestitures or Change of Control. We may transfer or assign Personal Information to a third-party entity that acquires or is merged with us as part of a merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
In addition to the uses and disclosures of information outlined above, if you use the Portal, your information may also be used and disclosed as follows:
- Authorized Representatives. If another individual is managing your account on your behalf (for example, a mother managing the account of her son), as authorized by you or as a personal representative under applicable law, that person can view all Personal Information about you in the Portal.
- Healthcare Providers. Your healthcare providers may have access to Personal Information for administrative and healthcare services. We may also use Personal Information to respond to and fulfill your orders and requests.
- Partners. We may share Personal Information with marketing, treatment or health care operations support partners, who are also required to protect the confidentiality of your information, that will enable them to send you targeted messages or serve you targeted advertising, which will occur with your authorization or otherwise in compliance with HIPAA (defined below) and other applicable laws.
What can I do to protect my privacy
Where you use a Portal or other Service that is secured with a username and password, you are also responsible for taking steps to protect the privacy of Personal Information about you. In order to protect your privacy, you should:
- Never share your username or password;
- Always sign out when you are finished using the Portal;
- Use only secure web browsers;
- Employ common anti-virus and anti-malware tools on your system to keep it safe;
- Use a strong password with a combination of letters and numbers;
- Change your password often; and
- Notify us immediately if you believe your login and/or password have been compromised.
If you share your Portal username and password with another person, this will allow that person to see your confidential medical record information. We have no responsibility concerning any breach of your confidential medical record information due to your sharing or losing your user name or password.
Retention of information
Where practical, we dispose of certain categories of information, including Personal Information, on a regular schedule. For example, we dispose of information submitted through secure forms after 6 months, and information collected for analytics purposes on the Website (e.g., information on pages visited on the Website) after 5 years.
Third party websites and payments
- Email communications that you send to us via the email links on our Services may be shared with a customer service representative, employee, medical expert or agent that is most able to address your inquiry. We make reasonable efforts to respond in a timely fashion once communications are received. Once we have responded to your communication, it is discarded or archived, depending on the nature of the inquiry and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- The email functionality on our Services does not provide a completely secure and confidential means of communication. It is possible that your email communication may be accessed or viewed by another Internet user while in transit to us. If you wish to keep your communication private, do not use our email.
If you are a Portal user, you may access and amend personal demographic information when logged into the Portal. If you would like to access, amend, erase, export, object to, restrict the processing, or other Personal Information collected via our Services or any other request as described below by state law, you may email our privacy team or write to us at:
Attention: Privacy Requests
One Park Plaza
Nashville, TN 37203
We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
Depending on where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning Personal Information about you. We encourage you to first contact us so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
We may send certain messages, including electronic newsletters, notification of account statuses, and marketing communications on a periodic basis. If you wish to be removed from such messages, you may request to discontinue future ones. All such material will have information as to how to opt-out of receiving it, although certain messages (such as a secure message sent by a doctor or an account status update via the Portal), may be required by law and will not have opt-out capabilities.
California Direct Marketing Privacy Rights
Under California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83), California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, e-mail and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes; and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us with a reference to California Disclosure Information.
We will endeavor to respond to such requests to information access within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail address stated above. If we receive your request at a different e-mail address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) of 2018 as Amended by the California Privacy Rights Act ("CPRA")
This section only applies to California residents ("Consumers"). For the purposes of this section only, "Personal Information" means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular Consumer or household.
Consumers have the following rights:
- Right to Know What Personal Information is Being Collected. Right to Access Personal Information. You have the right to request that we disclose the following information to you:
- The categories of Personal Information that we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose;
- The categories of Personal Information that we sold or shared about you; and
- For each category of Personal Information identified, the categories of third parties to whom the information was disclosed or sold.
- Right of Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information about you which we have collected from you. You may exercise your right to deletion by completing the Consumer Request Form, emailing us at Personal Information Request or by calling us at (844) 422-3282.
- Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information. You have the right to request that any inaccurate Personal Information maintained by us to be corrected. You may exercise your right to correct inaccurate Personal Information by completing the Consumer Request Form, emailing us at Personal Information Request or by calling us at (844) 422-3282.
- Right to Limit Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You have the right to request that we limit the use and disclosure of your Sensitive Personal Information we have collected about you. You may exercise your right to limit the use or disclosure of your Sensitive Personal Information by completing the Consumer Request Form, emailing us at Personal Information Request or by calling us at (844) 422-3282.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing. We do not sell your Personal Information for monetary payments and we do not share your Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising. But we have provided opt-out links so you can direct us not to disclose your Personal Information to third parties. You may exercise your opt-out rights by completing the Consumer Request Form, emailing us at Personal Information Request or by calling us at (844) 422-3282.
- Right of No Retaliation Following Opt-Out or Exercise of Other Rights. We may not discriminate against you because you exercise any of your rights under the CPRA, including, but not limited to:
- Denying goods or services to you;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you;
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services;
- Retaliating against an employee, applicant for employment, or independent contractor.
Please note, under California Law, that we are only required to respond to such requests from you twice in a twelve-month period.
Offline Collection of Personal Information
When we collect your Personal Information offline, for example at an onsite event, a Notice at Collection may be printed on a sign-in sheet, a paper version of the Notice could be available at the entrance of the event or prominent signage will be displayed directing you to where the Notice can be found online. All options will provide information to you so that you can exercise your privacy rights listed above.
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share the Personal Information of Consumers who are less than 16 years of age. However, if we have actual knowledge that the Consumer is less than 16 years of age, we will not sell or share the Consumer’s Personal Information unless the Consumer in the case of Consumers who are at least 13 years of age and less than 16 years of age, or the Consumer’s parent or guardian, in the case of Consumers who are less than 13 years of age, has affirmatively authorized the disclosure of the Consumer’s Personal Information.
The categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information are:
- directly from you;
- directly from our web server logs; and
- with cookies and web beacons;
The chart below describes:
- The categories of Personal Information that we may have collected about Consumers through our Website, Portal, Services and Offline beginning January 1, 2022.
- The categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed about Consumers for a business purpose beginning January 1, 2022.
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected, sold or shared about Consumers beginning January 1, 2022.
|Category||Examples||Disclosed for a Business Purpose||Sold or Shared|
|Identifiers||Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes||No|
|Personal Information categories described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)||Name, address, telephone number, insurance policy number, employment history, medical information, health insurance information.||Yes||No|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||Yes||No|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes||No|
|Biometric information||Voice Recognition, Fingerprint and Palm Print Scanning, Facial Recognition, Iris Recognition, Keystroke, Gait, or other physical patterns, and Sleep, Health, or Exercise Data.||No||No|
|Internet or Electronic Network Activity Information||Browsing history, search history, Internet protocol address, type of browser, number of links clicked within our Services, state or country from which you accessed our Services, date and time of visit, name of Internet service provider, third party websites you linked to from our Services, pages or information you viewed on our Services, number of times you have viewed an ad.||Yes||No|
|Geolocation data||Region or postal code.||Yes||No|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Photographs, video recordings and voice/call recordings.||No||No|
|Professional or employment-related information||Work experience, name, phone number, email address, performance evaluations.||Yes||No|
|Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99)||Educational records such as transcripts, class lists, student course schedules, health records, student financial information, and student disciplinary records.||Yes||No|
|Inferences drawn from any Personal Information identified to create a profile about a consumer||A profile created about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No||No|
|Sensitive personal information||See below for detailed examples.|
|Sensitive personal information||Examples||Disclosed for a Business Purpose||Sold or Shared|
|Personal information that reveals:||Social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number.||No||No|
|Account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account.||No||No|
|A consumer’s precise geolocation.||No||No|
|A consumer’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership.||No||No|
|The contents of a consumer’s mail, email, and text messages unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication.||No||No|
|A consumer’s Genetic Data.||No||No|
|The processing of biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying a consumer.||No||No|
|Personal information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s health.||No||No|
|Personal information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s sex life or sexual orientation.||No||No|
- (i) Web Server Logs
- (ii) Cookies and Web Beacons
- (iii) Geolocation Data
- (iv) Third Party Advertising
- (v) Information Collected through the Portal
- (vi) The Purposes for Which We Use Personal Information
- (vii) How We Disclose Personal Information
- (viii) User Communications
Retention of Categories of Personal Information
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
We may collect the following categories of covered information about you through our Website, Portals, and Services when you visit the Website and Portals or use the Services such as:
- First and Last Name;
- Physical Address;
- Email Address;
- Telephone Number; and
- User Name.
We may share such covered information with categories of third parties such as marketing.
Third parties may collect covered information about your online activities over time and across different Internet websites or online services when you use the Website, Portals, or Services.
If you use or visit the Website and Portals or use the Services you may review and request changes to any of your covered information that is collected through the Website, Portals, or Services by calling (844) 422-3282.
You may submit a verified request that we not sell any covered information that we have collected or will collect about you by calling (844) 422-3282. After we receive your request and determine that it is a verified request, we will not sell any covered information that we have collected or will collect about you.
What if I am accessing this portal from outside of the United States?
In collecting Personal Information, our Services may also collect PHI. Just as we strive to protect Personal Information we are committed to protecting your PHI. If there is a breach of your PHI, we are required by law to notify you. Your PHI will only be disclosed to you or your personal representative, unless otherwise required or permitted by state or federal law. In all circumstances, unless otherwise required by law, we will obtain your written authorization before using or disclosing your PHI. This protection extends to PHI that is oral, written, or electronic.
If collected, we will take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of Social Security numbers and limit access to those with a need for such information. We prohibit the unlawful disclosure of Social Security numbers.
We will never ask for or knowingly collect Personal Information from children through the Services or Portal. If you are a child, you are not permitted to use the Portal and should immediately exit our Portal. Parents of un-emancipated minors may set up accounts for themselves to access their children's medical records only as permitted pursuant to the Terms governing the Portal. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child through this Portal, please contact us and we will dispose of the information as required by applicable law.
You may also write to us at:
Attention: Privacy Requests
One Park Plaza
Nashville, TN 37203