For medical professionals at LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
We offer a resource hub for healthcare professionals, including physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and others.
Your hub for LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
This information is devoted to our healthcare professionals, including physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and other medical professionals, at LewisGale Hospital Alleghany.
LewisGale Hospital Alleghany is committed to providing the highest level of compassionate, patient-focused care for our patients and their families. That means creating an exceptional work environment by investing in our people, treating everyone with honesty and respect and ensuring access to unsurpassed facilities and equipment.
Interested in working with us? Search our job openings.
Referring a patient
The staff and physicians at HCA Virginia Health System are committed to working collaboratively with referring physicians to provide the highest level of care to our patients. We appreciate your partnership.
To refer a patient to a LewisGale Hospital Alleghany physician or facility:
- For mental health assessment and referral — call RESPOND crisis line at (540) 776-1100 or, for immediate assistance, call (800) 541-9992.
- For all other referrals — call our Transfer Center 24/7 at (855) 544-9337.
Our Transfer Center
The Transfer Center streamlines patient transfers and direct admissions. Our team will:
- Obtain and document necessary patient information
- Locate the designated accepting physician and hospital
- Connect sending and accepting physicians by a recorded physician-to-physician call
- Confirm bed availability, obtain hospital approval and notify receiving departments
- Assist in securing appropriate transportation
- Track transfer from time of call until patient arrives at destination
- Provide immediate feedback to close the loop with all referring physicians and facilities
All calls are recorded and documented to ensure accurate service.
HCA Virginia Health System hospitals use the Centralized Credentials Verification Service. By filling out an application through this service, you begin the credentialing process and can request privileges at any of our facilities.
Providing quality, patient-centered care is our mission at HCA Virginia Health System. That’s why it’s important that we partner with physicians and other medical professionals who have the necessary qualifications and credentials to provide expert, safe and compassionate medical care to our community.
Credentialing and privileging process
Our rigorous credentialing process follows federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards for verifying medical professionals’ education, training, licensure and competence to ensure privileges are only granted to those who are qualified.
To learn more, access our credentialing portal.
Hospital affiliation letters for LewisGale Hospital Alleghany staff
Outside organizations can quickly and easily request the verification of physicians in good standing at an HCA facility. The requesting organization may self-generate and print a verification letter.
Programs and resources to enhance your healthcare practice
HCA Virginia Health System and LewisGale Hospital Alleghany help medical professionals provide patients with the best possible medical care. We do this by offering providers a number of tools and services, including:
- Hospitalist services
- hCare physician portal for remote access to clinical results and the ability to sign reports remotely
- Specialty and subspecialty in-hospital consultation
- Advanced diagnostic imaging services, including positron emission tomography (PET) scan, computerized tomography (CT) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and digital mammography
- College of American Pathologists-accredited laboratory
- Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR) medication barcode technology to prevent medication errors
- Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) for fast access to patient medical records, images and test results from anywhere in our network
Physician office leasing
We offer medical office leasing opportunities to physician practices. For leasing opportunities, contact Administration at (540) 862-6879.