For medical professionals at LewisGale Pulaski Hospital
We offer a resource hub for healthcare professionals, including physicians, mid-level providers and nurses in Southwest Virginia.
Your hub for LewisGale Pulaski Hospital
This information is devoted to our healthcare professionals, including physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and other medical professionals at LewisGale Hospital Pulaski.
If you are an educational institution requesting clinical rotations, observation or practicum, we are happy to walk you through what is required. Learn more at the link below about the different documentation requirements, whether you are a student or a faculty member.
HCA Virginia Health System hospitals use the Centralized Credentials Verification Service. By filling out an application through this service, you can begin the credentialing process and request privileges at any of our facilities.
The HCA Virginia Health System mission is to provide quality, patient-centered care. That’s why it’s important that we partner with physicians and other medical professionals who have the necessary qualifications and credentials to provide expert, safe and compassionate medical services to the Pulaski community.
Credentialing and privileging process
This rigorous credentialing process follows federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. These standards are in place to help verify medical professionals’ education, training, licensure and competence. We follow these procedures to ensure privileges are only granted to those who are qualified.
Hospital staff affiliation letters
Outside organizations can quickly and easily request the verification of physicians in good standing at an HCA Virginia Health System facility. The requesting organization may self-generate and print a verification letter.
Our staff and physicians are committed to working collaboratively with referring physicians to provide the highest level of patient care. Positive patient outcomes are always top of mind, so we appreciate your partnership.
To refer a patient to our hospital or one of our physicians, there are two possible ways.
For mental health assessment and referral
If you need to refer a patient for a mental health assessment, we have a 24/7 crisis line available, called the RESPOND crisis line. When you call this crisis and referral line, you can get an immediate, free assessment and 24-hour access to our emergency room, as well as other approved sites.
For all other referrals
If you have any other type of referral request, you may also call our Transfer Center, available 24/7 at (855) 544-9337.
The Transfer Center streamlines patient transfers and direct admissions. Here, our team will:
- Assist in securing appropriate transportation
- Confirm bed availability, obtain hospital approval and notify receiving departments
- Locate and connect sending and accepting physicians via a recorded physician-to-physician call
- Obtain and document necessary patient information
- Provide immediate feedback to close the loop with all referring physicians and facilities
- Track transfer from time of call until patient arrives at destination
All calls are recorded and documented to ensure accurate service.
Physician office leasing
We offer medical office leasing opportunities to physician practices. For leasing opportunities, contact Administration at (540) 994-8509.
Programs and resources to enhance your healthcare practice
We want to help improve your healthcare experience at every turn. For this reason, we provide a diverse range of services designed to fit whatever needs you may have. These services include:
- Advanced diagnostic imaging services, including computerized tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography (PET) scans and digital mammography
- College of American Pathologists-accredited laboratory
- Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR) medication barcode technology to prevent medication errors
- hCare physician portal provides remote access to clinical results and allows you to sign reports remotely
- Hospitalist services
- Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) for fast access to patient medical records, images and test results from anywhere in our network
- Specialty and subspecialty in-hospital consultation capabilities
We understand that a workforce engaged in healthy lifestyles can lead to higher productivity and joy in their work. That's why we provide outside medical professionals with business health solutions that can be customized to fit your workplace. We want to help you build a more productive workplace by investing in employee health, so learn more at the link below about what we can do for you.
HCA Virginia Health System careers
We are always looking to expand our network, offering numerous career opportunities for everyone from physicians to physical therapists.
LewisGale Hospital Pulaski welcomes new members of our healthcare family with open arms. From registered nurses to environmental services (EVS) associates to social workers, our primary goal is finding knowledgeable and compassionate people to join our team and help improve lives.
By becoming one of the caring physicians at LewisGale Hospital Pulaski, you gain access to a wide network of support and advancement opportunities throughout HCA Virginia Health System. We are always actively seeking physicians and specialists to join our dedicated team to help serve the communities of Southwest Virginia.