Awards and recognition
The many honors and awards earned by the medical professionals at LewisGale Hospital Montgomery are examples of our dedication to excellence in patient care.
Our hospital's accomplishments
We are proud that our hospital, thanks to the incredible work of our surgeons, doctors, nurses and specialists, has received multiple awards and honors.
Awards and recognitions
- Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC), now the ACC Accreditation Services
- Baby-Friendly Hospital by the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement by Anthem Blue Cross
- HCA Unit of Distinction Award for Medical-Surgical
- Laboratory accredited by the College of American Pathologists
- Magnet facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Primary Stroke Center (PSC) by The Joint Commission in collaboration with The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Top Hospital for Safety by the Leapfrog Group
- Top Performer in Heart Attack, Pneumonia and Surgical Care by the Joint Commission
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission
Since 2009, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery has held Magnet recognition as a reflection of its nursing professionalism, teamwork and excellence in patient care. The American Nurses Credentialing Center's Magnet Recognition Program distinguishes organizations that meet rigorous standards for nursing outcomes and engagement. With this credential, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery joins the global community of Magnet-recognized organizations.
What Magnet Means for Patients
Research has shown that Magnet recognition provides many benefits to patients and the hospital communities, including:
- Higher patient satisfaction with nurse communication, availability of help and receipt of discharge information
- Lower risk of 30-day mortality, lower failure to rescue rates, lower rates of falls and improved skin integrity
- Assurance that the hospital holds top credentials for excellence in nursing
What Magnet Means for Nurses
In addition to a higher level of care for our patients, our Magnet designation also means our nursing staff enjoys many benefits including:
- A culture encouraging RN advanced degree and specialty certification obtainment
- Higher employee satisfaction and lower staff turnover
- Higher nurse perceived quality of care and higher nurse perceived unit effectiveness
The Gold Standard
- Magnet recognition is the gold standard for nursing excellence and is a factor when the public judges health care organizations. U.S. News & World Report's annual showcase of "America's Best Hospitals" includes Magnet recognition in its ranking criteria for quality of inpatient care.
- The Magnet Model provides a framework for nursing practice, research, and measurement of outcomes. Through this framework, ANCC evaluates applicants across a number of components and dimensions to gauge an organization's nursing excellence.
- The foundation of this model comprises various elements deemed essential to delivering superior patient care. These include the quality of nursing leadership and coordination and collaboration across specialties, as well as processes for measuring and improving the quality and delivery of care.
The Journey to Magnet
- To achieve Magnet recognition, organizations must pass a rigorous and lengthy process that demands widespread participation from leadership and staff. This process includes an electronic application, written patient care documentation, an on-site visit, and a review by the Commission on Magnet Recognition.