Caring for you like family
John Randolph Medical Center is now TriCities Hospital, but our long history of excellence remains the same. Since our founding, we have been committed to constantly expanding our medical capacities to provide you and your loved ones with the best care possible.
Comprehensive healthcare in Hopewell, Virginia
Founded in 1915, TriCities Hospital has grown into a 147-bed facility committed and dedicated to serving the TriCities Region. We’ve also opened Prince George ER, a freestanding emergency room that enables us to better serve the healthcare needs of our growing community.
Why people choose us
Our hospital is committed to offering advanced healthcare services with a compassionate, patient-focused approached in the TriCities community.
- The Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certification in Acute Myocardial Infarction
- The Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certification as an Advanced Primary Stroke Care Center
- The Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certification in Joint Replacement
- Commission on Cancer Accredited Cancer Program
- TRICARE-approved facility
Awards and recognitions
- The Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
- American Heart Association Gold Plus Achievement for both Stroke Care and Heart Failure
- The Leapfrog Group "A" Patient Safety Score
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies (2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis (2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment (2020-2023)
Mental health and wellness
We are dedicated to helping you and your loved ones find stability and follow-up care for your emotional and mental wellness. Additionally, we have an entire unit dedicated to the behavioral health of military members.
A cancer diagnosis is a challenge that we will face with you. Our cancer care specialists make sure to give you the support you need — physically, emotionally and medically.
Whether you are dealing with chronic back pain or persistent joint stiffness and discomfort, our orthopedic team is here to help. Our multispecialty approach is designed to bring you the best possible results.
Preparing for your visit
We strive to inform patients about financial expectations regarding healthcare services and prepare them for upcoming procedures.
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.