For visitors at Chippenham Hospital
We want you to have a safe, comfortable and satisfying visit when seeing a patient at Chippenham Hospital. Learn more about the amenities and services available to our visitors.
Visiting our hospital
We work hard to make our hospital safe and convenient for visitors. Our dedicated staff is here to answer your questions and make your visit a positive one.
Information for visitors
Read on for information regarding what you can expect when visiting our hospital.
All public-facing doors will now be open for visitors and patients. We are keeping a close eye on our transmission rates and we will go back to screeners if our transmission rates increase.
Under all scenarios, visitors must mask in the facility and people with active COVID-19, or symptoms that may represent COVID-19, are asked to defer their visitation.
Among the amenities you’ll find at Chippenham Hospital are:
- Food services that provide delicious and healthy meals, including a cafeteria, food court, vending machines and gourmet coffee bar
- Convenient, free parking with an after-hours security shuttle
- Gift shop with flowers, cards, magazines, seasonal items, essential toiletries and clothing
Chaplain services are available at any time upon request or referral. Our nondenominational chapel, located on the first floor, remains open 24 hours a day.
Surgery text messaging
When you have a loved one in surgery, waiting for updates can be stressful. We offer real-time surgery updates via SMS so you can stay in the loop and, hopefully, find peace of mind.
For your convenience, we offer parking at or near every entrance to Chippenham Hospital. Options include:
- Parking garage — At the main entrance to the hospital from Jahnke Road, there is a four-level parking garage that is free to all patients and visitors.
- Parking lot — There is also surface parking at almost every entrance, including a large lot to the rear of our main building near the Tucker Pavilion entrance. Our medical office buildings also have designated parking that is available for your use.