Mental health services in Fredericksburg, Virginia
When you need help, we offer support tailored to your needs.
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center's behavioral health team personalizes your care and prioritizes your safety. We focus on stabilization management, symptom reduction and patient empowerment. When needed, we also connect you to outpatient providers.
Our behavioral health services
Our treatment plans focus on helping you recover from traumatic life events, so you can look to the future without being burdened from the past.
Mental health treatments we offer
Our highly trained staff develops a recovery plan for you that is based on a mental, physical and social evaluation conducted soon after admission. Our recovery plans may include:
- A cognitive behavioral approach, identifying the triggers that can bring on a relapse and helping you find alternatives to those triggers
- Active psychiatric treatment with 24-hour access to a psychiatrist
- Activity therapy to get patients involved in social and skill-building activities, helping patients who have a hard time getting out of their room to socialize and feel like part of a community
- Collaboration with community providers during the course of treatment to ensure a smooth transition back into the community and to the next appropriate level of care
- Involvement of family and loved ones, who are encouraged to serve as active members of the treatment team to foster positive outcomes for the individual
- Medication administration, education, management and monitoring, if clinically needed
- Ongoing contact with personal caretakers, medical staff and the facility of residence (where appropriate and for purposes of aftercare planning)
Mental health emergency care
Mental health emergencies are medical emergencies. The emergency room (ER) at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is readily available to provide the compassionate, stabilizing care you need. We offer additional support throughout our behavioral health programs.
If you feel like you may be a danger to yourself or others, please seek emergency care or call 911.
Other mental health services we provide
Some of the behavioral health programs and services we offer are:
- Behavior modification
- Chaplain services
- Discharge planning
- Group therapy sessions
- Nursing education
- Psycho-education groups
- Senior mental health care
- Supportive medical care
About our mental health center
Our behavioral unit is made up of 28 beds and is supported by our licensed staff to offer you the comprehensive, personalized mental health care you need.
Patient-centered treatment allows us to promote wellness and recovery while helping patients develop individual coping strategies and learn how to use community support after discharge.
We take every measure to ensure your ongoing recovery, including encouraging the support and care of loved ones. This includes evening visitation hours from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Looking for a location?
The Healthy Living Blog
Read our blogs to learn about preventive care and ways you can lead a healthier lifestyle.