Personal care when you need it most
For over 40 years, we've proudly served Virginia's Low Moor area with services like our fast-responding emergency room, specialized behavioral health care and advanced surgical unit.
Full-service hospital in Alleghany County, Virginia
LewisGale Hospital Alleghany serves patients in both Virginia and West Virginia. We are proud to be the first hospital in rural Virginia to gain Accredited Chest Pain Center recognition. Our compassionate physicians and support staff care for your whole family with medical specialties including emergency medicine, surgery and specialized senior behavioral health care.
Why people choose us
Our hospital is committed to offering advanced healthcare services with a compassionate, patient-focused approach in the Alleghany Mountains region.
We live here and work here.
We provide high-quality care.
We're part of the Southwest Virginia community.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center for heart attack patients
- Emergency medicine department with skilled physicians and cloud-based technology for fast communication between doctors and first responders
- Surgical unit with five operating rooms, one specialized endoscopy room and leading-edge robotic surgery
- Specialized unit dedicated to senior behavioral health care
- Orthopedic care offering total hip replacement and total knee replacement surgeries
- The Women’s Center for gynecological and breast health care
Awards and recognitions
Senior behavioral healthcare
Senior Transitions is a geriatric psychiatry unit providing mental health stabilization care for patients 55 years old and older. Caregivers, friends or family members may request a referral to Senior Transitions. We use a multidisciplinary approach to support our patients, providing both outpatient and short-term inpatient care from professionals including doctors, recreational therapists, social workers and dietitians.
Our breast specialists are dedicated to detecting breast cancer early by using innovative screening tools, including mammography. We also offer women's cancer care to identify and remove malignant tumors to prevent the spread of breast cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer and uterine cancer, among others.
Our orthopedic doctors diagnose and treat conditions and injuries affecting the bones, joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Whether you have arthritis, broken bones or carpal tunnel syndrome, we see you through from initial diagnosis to follow-up care.
Preparing for your visit
We strive to inform patients about financial expectations regarding healthcare services and prepare them for upcoming procedures.
We want our patients' visitors to be informed and for them to be as comfortable as possible. To do that, we provide information regarding our visitor services and policies, guest Wi-Fi access, community partnerships and other resources.Visitor services and policies keyboard_arrow_right
MyHealthONE allows you to manage all parts of your healthcare easily and securely
- View health records — lab results, physician notes, imaging reports and more
- View your post-visit summary
- Schedule a follow-up appointment
- Share your health records with a physician or caregiver
- And more
Download the MyHealthOne app on the or
The Healthy Living Blog
Read our blogs to learn about preventive care and ways you can lead a healthier lifestyle.