For visitors at LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
Visitors to LewisGale Hospital Alleghany can learn more about our amenities, visiting hours, the gift shop, wi-fi access and volunteer opportunities.
Information for our visitors
This information is designed to give our guests the details they need to have a pleasant and convenient visit.
Visiting hours at our hospital
Visiting hours are specific to each hospital unit (contact the unit nurse for details). To encourage patient healing, we have daily quiet hours from 2:00pm to 3:00pm and 10:00pm to 6:00am. Additionally, flexible visitation arrangements for families visiting patients on the day of surgery can be organized.
Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions described on this webpage. Those circumstances include religious visitation as well as a designated support person for a patient with a disability to provide assistance with communication or other necessary components of the patient's treatment. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.
Amenities at our hospital
- Convenient, free parking
- Cottage Window Gift Shop, which includes an assortment of books, magazines, personal care items, stamps, cards, snacks, gifts, toys, flowers and more
- Smoke-free policy to support a healthy environment
- Assistive devices for sensory-impaired persons
- ATM banking services
- Comfortable waiting areas, including special locations for families of patients in surgery and those in intensive, progressive or emergency care
- Counseling and chaplain services, pastoral care, nondenominational chapel
- Facility signs and building directories to help you find your way
- Interpreters for many languages, including sign language
- Nearby hotels and restaurants, as well as potential overnight accommodations within the hospital
- Notary public service
- Wi-Fi access