If you are motivated to donate time and share compassion with others, we invite you to join the dedicated volunteers at LewisGale Hospital Alleghany in Low Moor, VA.
Information about our volunteer program
When you contribute your time and talents as a Volunteer Auxiliary Member, you can make a big difference in the lives of patients, visitors and staff at LewisGale Hospital Alleghany—and you’ll probably notice how much you benefit, too! Volunteers at LewisGale help us expand the capacity of our staff, provide high-quality and cost effective healthcare services, enhance patient care and satisfaction and extend the reach of our services into the community.
Ready to serve? We’re always looking for gracious and cooperative spirits who have a sincere desire to help others and can maintain total patient confidentiality. You’ll join our staff of friendly folks who are adaptable, flexible and completely dependable. As an Auxiliary Member, you’ll also receive many hospital benefits.
You may be just the right person to:
- Manage the information desk, transfer incoming calls to patient rooms, provide directions to visitors and patients
- Deliver newspapers, flowers, postal mail and printouts of email messages to patients
- Provide community information to families in our waiting areas
- Help out in our Cottage Window Gift Shop
- Distribute and collect meal trays, fill water pitchers
- Assist in patient discharge, visit with patients and family members, carry out errands for nursing staff
- Serve as clerical support in non-patient departments
Chaplains of any denomination — also an indispensable part of our Volunteer Auxiliary — visit and attend to the spiritual needs of our patients in weekly rotations.
Auxiliary volunteers are needed Mon - Sun: 9:00am - 8:00pm.
Become a volunteer
Contact our Volunteer office to request a Volunteer Auxiliary Member application form and schedule a formal interview with the Volunteer Services Director, Angelia Lucas, BHA, CPC.
New volunteers participate in an orientation session and on-the-job training with one of our valued veteran volunteers.
LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
c/o Volunteer Director
Angelia Lucas, BHA, CPC
P.O. Box 7
Low Moor, VA 24457