Awards and recognition
Johnston-Willis Hospital is the recipient of many awards for and recognitions for outstanding healthcare and advanced medical services for our patients. Read more about what these awards mean for our hospital and our patients.
Our recognitions and certifications
We strive to be the most innovative in our fields of practice and to partner with the best physicians and surgeons in their respective areas.
- American College of Radiology-accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- American College of Surgeons-accredited Breast Program
- DNV Healthcare's first non-academic hospital in Virginia to receive the Comprehensive Stroke Certification for the highest possible level of competence for stroke care
- The Joint Commission disease-specific certification for brain tumor care, hip and knee replacement and stroke rehabilitation
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal Certificate of Distinction for Brain Tumor care — the first to be recognized in the United States
- Women’s Choice Award — Best Mammogram Imaging Center
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal Certification for Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Silver Plus Performance Achievement Award