For patients at Johnston-Willis Hospital
Read more about the services we offer our patients and visitors at Johnston-Willis Hospital, where you can not only expect to receive outstanding healthcare, but also to feel as comfortable as possible.
Patient information and resources for you
As a patient at Johnston-Willis Hospital, our hope is that you feel at home. We provide both exceptional healthcare and a welcoming atmosphere to make sure you heal in comfort, while getting stronger.
First-class patient care
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, you are family. We want to make sure you know what amenities are available so that you can be as comfortable as possible.
Amenities and special services we offer
We offer a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care at the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Johnston-Willis Hospital, as well as neuroscience at our first-in-Richmond Neuroscience and Gamma Knife Center.
But the top priority of our friendly staff and volunteers is that you have access to an array of special services so that your time with us as positive as can be. These services include:
- Building directories in the halls and on the walls
- Gourmet, in-room food service
- Hearing-impaired telecommunication assistance
- Interpreters for several languages
- Mail, emails and flowers delivered to your room
- Notary public service available Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
- On-site daycare
- Pastoral care available at any time upon request or referral
- Patient advocates
- Quiet hours from 8:30pm to 9:00am
- Vision-impaired reading service
- Wi-Fi access
Walgreens Pharmacy at Johnston-Willis Hospital is our full-service pharmacy, located on the first floor of the hospital atrium. The pharmacy provides compassionate care in a convenient location, including:
- Acceptance of most insurance plans
- Administering of immunizations in the pharmacy
- Assistance tracking your medications
- Bedside delivery
- Confidential, one-on-one patient counseling
- Flexible refill options by phone, in person, online or auto-refills
- Medication pick-up at any Walgreens in the United States and Puerto Rico
Contact the pharmacy Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 6:00pm and Saturday from 8:00am to 4:00pm at (804) 483-6910.
When your doctor decides you’re ready to leave the hospital, you’ll receive a discharge order with instructions for follow-up care and your next doctor's appointment. Checkout time is 11:00am on the day of discharge.
If your physician specifies the need for home medical equipment or home healthcare, our social work department may coordinate efforts with our in-house Medicare-certified home healthcare agency. Additional services of this agency include nursing, home infusion, pharmacy, physical, speech and occupational therapy.
On your way out, you’ll stop by the hospital cashier to settle your account, and then a hospital representative will escort you to the transportation you have arranged for your ride home. Thank you for choosing us to care for you.
Talk directly to a nurse, any time
Consult-A-Nurse is a free service that provides you with physician referrals and health information 24/7. Our RNs and referral specialists can help you find a doctor, answer your healthcare questions and register for classes and events.
More resources for our patients
Our goal is to provide you with quick and easy access to all the information you need to stay healthy and connected with your healthcare professionals.
Patient financial resources
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to access the information you need regarding payment and health insurance policies. We provide in-depth resources regarding our accepted health insurance plans, as well as a payment estimator.
Behavioral health toolkit
There is no shame or fear in needing mental health care, and we make it easier than ever to find providers and programs near you, learn more about behavioral health and how to get support if you or a loved one is in need.
Online bill payment
The Healthy Living Blog
Read our blogs to learn about preventive care and ways you can lead a healthier lifestyle.
MyHealthONE allows you to manage all parts of your healthcare easily and securely
- View health records — lab results, physician notes, imaging reports and more
- View your post-visit summary
- Schedule a follow-up appointment
- Share your health records with a physician or caregiver
- And more