For visitors at LewisGale Medical Center
Visitors can learn about the amenities we offer to make yourself at home here at LewisGale Medical Center.
Information for our visitors
This information is designed to give our guests the details they need to have a pleasant visit.
Visiting hours at our hospital
We allow our patients to have visitors from 2:00pm to 8:30pm daily. Our quiet hours are from 2:00pm to 4:00pm and 10:00pm to 6:00am to encourage patient healing.
Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions described on this webpage. Those circumstances include religious visitation as well as a designated support person for a patient with a disability to provide assistance with communication or other necessary components of the patient's treatment. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.
Creating a comfortable experience
We offer a variety of amenities and special services to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible, including:
- Chaplain services, pastoral care and nondenominational chapel
- Convenient, free parking, free valet and parking shuttle service
- Facility signs and building directories to help you find your way around
- Interpreters for many languages, including sign language
- Jazzman’s Coffee Shop with gourmet coffees, teas, pastries, sandwiches, soups, salads, cards, gift and flowers
- On-site cafeteria and access to round-the-clock vending
- Smoke-free policy to support a healthy environment
- Special hours for critical care units and quiet hours to encourage patient healing
- Waiting areas, with special locations for if you are visiting someone in surgery, critical care or the emergency room
Volunteer with us
Volunteering is a great way to connect with your community.
Apply to become an adult volunteer by downloading and filling out a volunteer application. You can also contact our volunteer office to fill out an application and schedule a formal interview with the volunteer services manager.