Learn more about Reston Hospital Center's comprehensive medical and surgical services and our focus on patient care and safety.
About Reston Hospital Center
Reston Hospital Center, a 243-bed acute care hospital, offers broad care for Greater Reston. Our growing campus features top-notch medical specialties, the latest technology and advanced therapies close to home.
Welcome to Reston Hospital Center, a full-service hospital located in Reston, Virginia and serving the Northern Virginia region.
Caring for the communities we serve
Reston Hospital Center repeatedly achieves high honors for attentive patient care and nursing excellence, as well as several prestigious accreditations. Licensed by the Virginia Department of Health, Reston has achieved certifications and designations from several governing bodies and healthcare organizations.
We were selected as one of only three "Top General Hospitals" in the Commonwealth of Virginia by the Leapfrog Group. We also received the Platinum Performance Achievement Award Recipient in chest pain from The American College of Cardiology. Our awards and recognitions would not be possible without the outstanding team of physicians, nurses and staff that work at our facility.
Leading the advancement of healthcare
Reston Hospital Center is also proud of our many accomplishments to help advance healthcare in our community and around the world. We are one of only twelve Visiting Clinician Programs (VCP) in the United States where surgeons from around the world come to train on the latest robotic technology.
We were also the first hospital in Northern Virginia to use advanced surgical technology considered to be the most effective and least invasive. We also performed the first total knee replacement in Virginia utilizing robot-assisted surgery. All of our outstanding achievements illustrate how we strive to lead the advancement of health care for our patients and the greater medical community.
Part of the HCA Healthcare family
Reston Hospital Center is affiliated with HCA Healthcare, the nation's leading provider of healthcare services. As part of HCA Healthcare, we employ more than 1,200 full-time and part-time staff. In addition, nearly 200 men, women and teens generously volunteer their time at the hospital each week.
Our commitment to you
Always attuned to the comfort and needs of our community, we blend the convenience of all private rooms, personal attention, complimentary valet parking and an easily accessible suburban location with top-quality professional expertise and the most skilled medical and support staff.
We're in your neighborhood, we care about your health and we appreciate your choice of Reston Hospital Center as your trusted health care resource.
Wishing you the best in health,
John Deardorff, FACHE
President and Chief Executive Officer
Reston Hospital Center expansion
The first two phases of our hospital's expansion have finished, and we're excited about what's next.
Phase one and two accomplishments
Our first and second phases included incredible updates to our facility, all of which will allow us to continue to provide high-quality, patient-centered care. Our updates include:
- 180,000 square foot, LEED-certified medical office building
- Relocation of medical imaging services to an updated and expanded space
- Update and expansion of our lobby
- Expansion of pre-op department from 19 to 34 rooms
- Expansion of surgical recovery unit from 11 to 30 rooms
- Addition of four operating rooms
- Addition of our 16-bed observation unit for patients who need to remain under our observation, freeing up emergency beds for patients and decreasing wait times
- Addition of a pediatric emergency room (ER) with five pediatric beds
- Updates and renovations for existing 30 ER exam rooms
- Updates to our cafeteria
- New four-level patient and visitor parking garage (Garage A) with easy access to our renovated West Wing Entrance
- New patient tower and advanced 24-bed intensive care unit (ICU) above our ER
- New inpatient rehabilitation (rehab) center with 18 private rooms equipped with a walk-in shower, grab bars and adaptive equipment for toileting and grooming
- Rehab center also has a gym equipped with state-of-the-art recovery equipment and a full-scale ADA-compliant apartment to help patients adapt to daily activities.
- Expansion and renovation of our women and children's services, including our Level III NICU
- A second catheterization lab
- Renovation of our main entrance and hospital lobby including the finalization of a new visitor-centric corridor
- State-of-the-art neurological intervention suite
Phase three renovations and improvements
We have committed over $70 million in new investments on key projects that will expand service capacity, modernize facilities and introduce state-of-the-art technologies to help meet the growing healthcare needs in the region. The hospital’s next round of key initiatives include:
- Building a new standalone 14,000 square-foot ER at 8240 Leesburg Pike, featuring 11 treatment rooms and located within walking distance to both the Greensboro and Tysons Metro stations
- Inpatient rehab center expansion from 18 to 30 beds
- Addition of 13,000 square feet to the all-private unit
- Renovate and modernize remaining patient care areas, including women's care services
- Improvements to physical plant and infrastructure to improve system safety and reliability
- Enhancements to advanced surgical services, with significant investments in key areas, including robotic surgery and augmented reality-guided surgery
- Updates to cancer treatment technology for radiation therapy and diagnostic imaging system
Reston Hospital Center expansion
View images of our expansion.
Reston Hospital Center Statistics
Intensive care beds
Square foot medical building
Private rehabilitation rooms
Get to know Reston Hospital Center
Discover more about our award-winning facility with helpful resources, such as our newsroom and leadership team.
Our mission and values
Every doctor, nurse and physician at our hospital adheres to our ICARE hospital ideology acronym: integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. Our guiding principles alight with our patient-centered approach to put your health and comfort first.
We strive to do the right thing, even when no one is watching. We will always:
- Prioritize the safety of our patients, guests, colleagues and staff above everything else
- Advocate for patients and others regardless of our role
- Be honest, genuine, consistent with our words and actions and keep our promises
- Act and treat others as if we are being observed by patients, guests and colleagues at all times
- Refrain from using electronic devices for personal use in the presence of patients and guests
- Treat company resources as if they were our own
We strive to be empathetic to the needs of others and sympathize with their situation. We will always:
- Care for our patients and treat others as if they are our family, actively listening to their needs and ensuring that they know they are highly valued and appreciated
- Create an environment that inspires trust, safeguards dignity and promotes healing
- Be nonjudgmental in our interactions with others
- Use a positive tone, sit down when appropriate, use appropriate touch and respond in a timely manner to patient and family needs
- Ensure patients and families feel they are included in decision-making and are informed about their care
- Participate in hourly rounding, bedside shift report and completion of patient care boards
We take ownership of how actions impact outcomes. We will always:
- Stay informed about the organization, facility and department initiatives
- Present a clean and professional image
- Keep my workplace clean and safe, pick up trash, report safety hazards and seek to repair broken items
- Take the time and accept the responsibility to help (If we cannot personally assist, we will find someone who can.)
- Arrive on time and be ready to focus on assigned duties
- Take ownership of issues and maintain a high standard for our performance
- Use open communication and AIDET- P (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explain, Thank You + Promise) in all interactions
- Use keywords at key times to ensure customer satisfaction
We value others and embrace diversity, and will always:
- Honor individual differences and cultural beliefs, and embrace the communities we serve
- Speak respectfully of others, acknowledging the vital role each of us plays in providing care to our patients and promoting a climate of trust
- Give honest, timely, constructive feedback and graciously accept feedback as an opportunity to improve
- Honor commitments and meet deadlines
We take personal pride in exceeding expectations. We will always:
- Ensure excellent patient care is provided at all times
- Value and use teamwork to provide excellent customer service
- Seek opportunities for professional development to stay current in our fields of expertise
- Engage patients and guests in such a way that they have positive stories to share about their experiences
- Follow the 10-5 rule: we make eye contact and smile as we approach someone within 10 feet of me, greet people when they are 5 feet from me and guide others to their destination if needed
- Take personal responsibility for the success, image, quality and reputation of the company
Our patients offer their testimonials about their experience receiving treatment at our hospital.
MyHealthONE allows you to manage all parts of your healthcare easily and securely
- View health records — lab results, physician notes, imaging reports and more
- View your post-visit summary
- Schedule a follow-up appointment
- Share your health records with a physician or caregiver
- And more