Individualized medical services in Richmond, Virginia
Founded in 1877, Retreat Doctors' Hospital, Richmond’s oldest hospital, remains committed to providing compassionate, patient-centered care. Through decades of meeting the growing needs of our community, our core values remain the same: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Why people choose us
Our hospital is committed to offering advanced healthcare services with a compassionate, patient-focused approach in the Hendersonville community.
We live here and work here.
We provide high-quality care.
We're part of the Richmond community.
- 24/7 adult and pediatric emergency care
- 13-bed private medical-surgical intensive care unit (ICU)
- 18-telemetry beds
- 20-single adult inpatient behavioral health beds
- Operating rooms with robot-assisted systems
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for chronic and nonhealing wounds
- Comprehensive urologic care
- A-Rating Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group*
- American College of Radiology Accreditation in computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), mammogram, nuclear medicine, ultrasound
- Center for Wound Healing Accreditation with Distinction from the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society
- The Joint Commission-Certified Primary Stroke Center
Awards and recognitions
- Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospital Award
- Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals Awards for cardiac care, coronary intervention, gastrointestinal surgery, joint replacement, orthopedic surgery award and prostate surgery, spine surgery, vascular surgery
- Healthgrades Excellence Awards in bariatric surgery, critical care, gastrointestinal care, gynecologic surgery and labor and delivery
- Healthgrades Excellence Award in patient safety
Our complex care program is uniquely designed to support you if you require treatments from multiple physicians and specialists. Your multidisciplinary care team creates a personalized care plan for your needs.
Mental health and wellness
Our mental health services provide treatment if you need 24/7 emotional support in a safe, compassionate environment. With your doctor's referral, you can receive individual and group therapy, medication management and a detailed discharge plan.
We provide comprehensive treatments for various urologic conditions, including kidney stones, prostate cancer and pelvic floor disorders. Our urologists provide the latest surgical treatments, many of which are minimally invasive and robot-assisted.
Preparing for your visit
We strive to inform patients about financial expectations regarding healthcare services and prepare them for upcoming procedures.
We want our patients' visitors to be informed and for them to be as comfortable as possible. To do that, we provide information regarding our visitor services and policies, guest Wi-Fi access, community partnerships and other resources.Visitor services and policies keyboard_arrow_right
MyHealthONE allows you to manage all parts of your healthcare easily and securely
- View health records — lab results, physician notes, imaging reports and more
- View your post-visit summary
- Schedule a follow-up appointment
- Share your health records with a physician or caregiver
- And more