Healthcare you can depend on
Our hospital has cared for patients in the Salem and greater Roanoke communities for more than a century, pairing personalized treatments with advanced technology to bring you unsurpassed levels of patient care.
Advanced healthcare in Roanoke, Virginia
As one of the largest medical centers in Virginia, we provide extensive healthcare services across a wide range of specialties. From cancer treatment and emergency medicine to cardiovascular care and maternity services, our highly skilled care team is committed to offering you the quality care you deserve.
Why people choose us
Our hospital is committed to offering advanced healthcare services with a compassionate, patient-focused approach in the Salem community.
- Inpatient and outpatient mental health services
- Stroke care and neurological rehabilitation
- Women's care services including breast health and gynecological care
Awards and recognitions
- Recognized by Healthgrades as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic and Spine Surgery
- Winner of the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award
- Winner of the Healthgrades Surgical Care Excellence Award
When you need high-quality heart care, you can count on our cardiology team. We diagnose and treat a wide range of cardiovascular conditions, with services including diagnostic heart screening, vascular care and surgical treatments like pacemaker implantation and coronary artery bypass.
Our orthopedic specialists take an all-encompassing approach to treating and preventing injuries and chronic conditions, from arthritis and bone fractures to complex spine complications. We offer a wide range of both surgical and nonsurgical treatments, including total and partial knee, hip and shoulder replacement surgery.
Our neurological care team is comprised of a diverse array of skilled medical professionals, including neurosurgeons, oncologists, emergency physicians and rehabilitation specialists. We offer thorough treatments for a wide range of neurological conditions, including aneurysms, brain tumors, epilepsy and stroke.
Preparing for your visit
We strive to inform patients about financial expectations regarding healthcare services and prepare them for upcoming procedures.
We want our patients' visitors to be informed and for them to be as comfortable as possible. To do that, we provide information regarding our visitor services and policies, guest Wi-Fi access, community partnerships and other resources.Visitor services and policies keyboard_arrow_right
MyHealthONE allows you to manage all parts of your healthcare easily and securely
- View health records — lab results, physician notes, imaging reports and more
- View your post-visit summary
- Schedule a follow-up appointment
- Share your health records with a physician or caregiver
- And more